Friday, May 13, 2011

Here we go!

Dearest Friends!!
Here we go!  After much encouragement, support, and, let’s just be honest, down right unrelenting prodding from others of you, over these past several years, I submit to you my first writing project.  This is a project exploring the marriage of food, drink, and most importantly the family, friends, and community sharing it.
This isn’t intended to be a gourmet cooking blog, another tired food critic rant, or some overblown cookbook bizarre.  In fact, my talent as a cook is questionable at best, my cookbook collection averages two, and I am anything but a TopChef loyalist.  What I love though is community and few things have been as universally central to community throughout history as the sharing of food and drink.  It could be strongly argued that it is most literally the tie that binds.  And for this reason, I’m inspired to practice whipping cream better, searing steak to perfection, scouring for yummy produce, or popping the cork on a bottle of wine, in effort to gather everyone round the table.      
Let me warn you that in the next two or three months this space will be HIGHLY EVOLVING (I hope!) as I practice finding my voice and sharpening the focus.  I’ll be trying out a number of different types of posts, various photography, and templets along the way.  Please never hesitate to send along comments and suggestions.  Iron sharpens iron so they say, and almost nothing is more dreadful in the kitchen than a dull blade!  Cheers to a new adventure and the places we will go, together!!
***For the moment, please don’t read anything into the title of the blog.  I’m not expecting any presidents for dinner, at least none that I know of, but it was the only title off the top of my head that wasn’t already taken.....so Dining With the President we must, for now!

1 comment: