Sunday, May 15, 2011

Battling Some Doubt

I woke up this morning thinking about this blog space again and battling some doubt, wondering if writing on the subject of food or anything closely related is overdone, so to speak.  I mean, I saw last night where Gwyneth Paltrow and Eve Longoria have cookbooks out!  Really?  Not that I’m even writing cookbooks or would be interested in producing anything like theirs, but it seems like the entire spectrum has to be covered if they're on the scene too.  Can there possibly be room in the cosmic universe for one more angle on this subject?  The truth is that I don’t know.  But I do know, that you don’t go anywhere if you don’t start somewhere and starting places can never be the same as ending places.   Who’s to say where this could lead...
I’m hoping to borrow a friend's camera for a bit to play with some photography this week so you all aren't over run with gray matter.  As much as I want to take the leap to buy one, several camera geek friends of mine have talked me down, suggesting I practice with a friend's to figure out what I need and if it’s a tool worth investing heavily.

¡Wow!  Just as I was about to publish this post (about doubt may I remind you), the doorbell rang.  It was Silvia, a friend from the church up the hill, presenting a warm pan of spicy noodles she made us for brunch.  As she handed them to Steven, my dear friend and roommate, she said "I remember when someone new moved into the neighborhood you use to take them food.  I don't see that much anymore...."  After Steven shut the door and we both happily stuffed ourselves with Silvia's spicy noodlily deliciousness, I couldn't help but believe that maybe there is something about food and community that is yet to be said.  Thank you Silvia.


No comments:

Post a Comment